Saturday, September 07, 2013

My Writing Week in Review

I wrote seven poems this week and submitted them to a contest on writing.com. I also made my word count goal three days out of seven, which is good considering that some of those days I was depressed. I did not make word count on the days depression hit me the hardest.

I have difficulty writing when I am depressed, but that is the time I need to write because writing helps me overcome the depression. I have an offline journal called Writing my Spiritual Journal that use to keep track of my progress both spiritually and materially. In this journal, I write letters to the people who have had the biggest influence on my spiritual journey. I also use this journal for my Thankful Thursday entries. 

I am not depressed today. In fact I feel better then I have in a long time. The only thing I am worried about today is making my word count goal. I am supposed to write 2,000 words a day. I have four months until I have to consider changing that goal. I do not want to lower the goal because of lack of consistency in achieving to goal. I would rather raise the goal, but I can only do this is I accomplish the goal six days out of seven for the rest of 2013.
 


Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9