Tuesday, August 06, 2013

An Afternoon Nap Refreshes a Writer

An afternoon nap
a refreshing retreat
rest both mind and muse.

I took a short nap this afternoon. I sit down on the couch and I fell asleep sitting up. Normally this is not the best way to take a nap, but today it was refreshing. I do not know how long I slept. I do not remember dreaming. The doorbell woke me up.

The doorbell ring once. It was a long single ring and it woke me up. There was no one on the front porch and no notes stuck in the screen door. I suppose the doorbell could have been a dream, but it sounded so real that it woke me up. This happens every once in a while, but usually at night.

I think I have gotten used to the doorbell ringing at weird hours, so it does not bother me anymore. I used to worry about it; however, now I just take it as another odd or weird occurrence in my otherwise mundane life. I think I should use the doorbell ringing as part of a story. Perhaps my muse is attempting to send me a message for a plot, which I have ignored.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9