Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Midweek Reflections: Acceptance

Acceptance is the subject of this week’s writing.com newsletter. The editor of the newsletter suggests that the first step toward inner peace is acceptance of self. This got me to thinking about my own life and how it has descended into chaos since my mother’s death. As I was meditating on the subject, I realized that I have had issues all my life concerning accepting myself.

In the past, I have pushed those issues to the side, but I cannot do that any more. I need to learn to accept myself the way I am and move forward from there. My situation and method of working is different from those of my family. I eventually accomplish what I need to do; however, it takes me longer to do some housekeeping tasks then it does others. When this happens, I get discouraged because I have to divide a housekeeping job up in order to complete it.

I have to accept this and work from there. Once I accept my weaknesses and my strengths, then I can begin climbing out of the chaos that is my life and focus on writing. I know my biggest issues are housekeeping chores and making decisions on the things I want to take with me to my new apartment.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9