Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Cloudy Sunday in Las Vegas

a cloudy Sunday
afternoon the sun peeks out
a chilly wind blows

This afternoon the sun finally peeked from behind the clouds. Almost all day white, grayish, or charcoal gray clouds have covered the beautiful blue sky. In addition, a chilly or cold wind (depending on one’s point of view) has blown. The wind is still blowing and now the sun has passed behind the clouds.

no birds are singing
the neighbor’s dog is silent
quiet afternoon

This morning a bird was singing, I think it was a nightingale because the song did not sound like that of a sparrow. This afternoon, all the birds are silent. I have not heard the neighbor’s dog bark all day, so they must be keeping him in the house. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. I have not seen any of my neighbors going in and out of their houses all day.

the house is silent
a joyous tranquility
peaceful afternoon

I am getting used to being alone in the house on the weekends. It has taken me a little over two months to feel comfortable being alone. I still listen for Mom especially at night, but I do not get up and go into her bedroom to see if she is all right. I am going to close this now, go into the kitchen to see if I have any more coffee in the carafe.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9