Sunday, January 27, 2013

A warm winter in Las Vegas

after last night's rain
the sparrows and black birds sing
greet the morning sun

It rained last night, when I went out  to pick up the morning paper there was a puddle of water in my driveway. The air seemed chilly and damp to me, but the birds do not seem to mind. The birds are singing as it it were spring.

This winter was warmer then normal. As I look out my window into my front yard, I see green grass growing. I do not remember grass this early in the year before. The oak trees in the neighborhood did loose their leaves, but latter in the winter then normal.

wind in the pine tree
the limbs cast dancing shadows
a beautiful day

The wind is blowing, so there is a wind chill factor. I have not listened to the weather either on television or online; therefore, I have no idea what the wind chill factor is. It cannot too bad because the birds are singing and they normally do not sing if it feels very cold.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9