Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Last Saturday in January 2013

It is the last Saturday in January. It is raining in Las Vegas, Nevada. I am listening to the echoes of the trash collection trucks as they drive through my neighborhood. The  trucks are red and on this rainy day they look clean. The red of the trucks stand out against the dismal gray of the day.

It is the last Saturday in January. The birds are perched in oak, olive, and pine trees singing. The rain makes the birds happy, but I know that the sun would make them just as happy. The birds do not seem to notice the song of the garbage trucks as they pick up and empty trashcans. The birds sing their own songs that do not interfere with the songs of the garbage trucks.

It is the last Saturday in January 2013 and their are five days left in the month. It seems that only yesterday we were celebrating a New Year. January is almost gone and February around the corner. As I look out my window, I try to remember my accomplishments this month. I can remember writing poems, I can remember writing flash fiction, and I can remember making blog entries. What other goals did I accomplish during January 2013? I think I will leave that question hanging for a while, post this entry, and get me another cup of coffee.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9