Monday, January 21, 2013

Writing Hope

Thought for the Day: "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

a bird is singing
a breeze blows through olive trees
limb shadows moving

It is a beautiful morning in Las Vegas. The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and the birds are singing. I checked the weather forecast online, it said partly cloudy, but I do not see any clouds when I look out my living room window.

It is a hopeful morning in Las Vegas. I have a chicken thigh in the refrigerator ready to cook. I have a load of clothes in the washing machine. I have hot coffee in the coffee maker's glass carafe. I can look out my window and meditate on the clear blue sky. If clouds blow in then I can meditate on the clouds.

It is a beautiful and hopeful morning in Las Vegas. I have writing and housework to do. I have business I need to take care of, but since most  places are closed today I am remaining home. Instead of writing about my disappointments today, I will write hope. I will write hope because it is the one thing I can hold onto in this changing world.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9