Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Memories: I remember

I remember when you blew a fuse instead of tripping a breaker.

I remember my Grandpa Newland griping when gas prices raised from $0.50 a gallon to $0.75 cents a gallon. My mother once told me she remembered Grandpa griping when gas raised from $ 0.05 a gallon to  $0.10 a gallon.

I remember when you dialed a telephone to make a call instead of pushing buttons.

I remember when you could eat snow ice cream without worry about the snow being contaminated with pollution and other poisons.

I remember when you needed a telephone operator to connect a long distance call.

I remember watching a black and white television set.

I remember when there was no such term as "direct deposit".

I remember when you had to go into a bank to withdraw cash from your account instead of using an A.T.M.

I remember when you had to go to a full service gas station to have an attendant fill your tank with gas because there were no self-service gas stations.
  

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9