Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Writing Exercise: A Rainy Wednesday in Las Vegas


It is a rainy Wednesday in Las Vegas. I hear thunder rumbling. I see lightning flashing. I watch rain falling from charcoal gray clouds. I watch a breeze moving the limbs of elms and pine trees.

This is not a good day to drive through the streets of Las Vegas. It is not a good day to walk through grocery store parking lots; however, I did both today. When I left the house at 8:30 AM, to go to Smith’s Food and Drug Store, it was cloudy, but not raining. When I arrived at the store, there was still no rain, so I took my time shopping.

When I left the store, it was raining. It was a continuous and gentle rain; unfortunately, I had left my umbrella in the car. I walked through the rain, unloaded my groceries, pushed the cart to a cart corral, and then returned to my car. As I drove home, I noticed that most drivers had the headlights turned and were driving carefully. I arrived home safely and unloaded my groceries.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9