Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Haibun-Haiku: A Trip to the Car Wash


a clear blue morning
there is not a cloud in sight
time to wash the car

The sky was a beautiful cloudless blue this morning. The temperatures were in the upper 80s, so I went to have the car washed. It cost me only $6.00 and the machines, with some help from a human being, did a good job of getting the bird poop off my car. The car looks nice for a change.

Driving to the car wash was pleasant because there was no humidity and the temperatures were nice. It felt good to drive down the street with the window on the driver’s side down. The only problem I encountered concerned the seals on the driver’s side door; apparently, they don’t work as well as they did when the car was new.

As I sit in the car while it went through the wash, I felt water on my left arm and, since the window was up, the only explanation is the seals on the door. This probably explains why the driver’s seat gets wet when my car is park in the driveway during a rainstorm. I don’t think there is much I can do because I suspect it would cost more money then I’m willing to pay to fix the problem.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9