Saturday, June 30, 2012

The end of a week and the end of a month


The last day of June
On Saturday a week ends
A coincidence

If anything is a coincidence, it is the end of a week and the end of a month occurring at the same time. June began with an extreme heat warning because the temperature on June 1 was 105 degrees. Under these conditions, an extreme heat warning is normal in Las Vegas for June 1, but now, on June 30, we are accustom to the triple digit temperatures, so extreme heat warnings occur when the temperatures push 110.

Temperatures indoors
Feel nice and cool sometimes cold
A water bottle

I went to the vein clinic yesterday for an ultrasound of my legs. It was cold, much colder then I keep the thermostat sit at home. The temperature at the clinic must have been in the low 70s and I keep my thermostat set at 79 degrees. Last year I kept it set at 83 degrees, but this year I want to stay cool and I can keep cool at 79 degrees.

Blow dryer effect
Dry hot winds in Las Vegas
Rather stay at home

June has been a windy month. High temperatures and winds produce the blow dryer effect, which means I can wash my hair and go outside while it is still wet. Of course, I carry a hair brush in my purse, not that it does much good with the winds.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9