Friday, February 03, 2012

Free-Write Friday: The Oxygen Machine

Time Begin: 5:20:58 PM

The wind is blowing, kicking up the dust and causing allergies to act up. Mom sees to have a more difficult time with allergies then me. For the past couple of week whenever the wind kicked up, Mom’s allergies reacted and she had to use oxygen.

When they bring her home from the daycare center she wears a portable oxygen tank, but at home, we have an oxygen machine. I put water in the container and then I plug the machine into the electrical outlet. The machine begins to run and it makes a noise. At first, the noise sounded odd, but I have gotten used to it.

The oxygen machine sounds like someone or something breathing. When Mom first begin using it, I had to stop typing or whatever I was doing every few minutes to see what the sound was, but now I am used to it. I notice if it is not running, but when it is on I do not notice it, I do not pay attention to the noise.

Mom did not want to wear the oxygen at first, she would fight it and take it off, but now she seems to have gotten used to it. Mom does not wear it all the time only when the wind blows and her allergies act up. I have allergies as well, but Mom is having a more difficult time with them. I think the reason is that she is older and has other health problems.

Time Ended: 5:30:26 PM

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9