Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Today I am Thankful for the Internet

I was born in 1946, before the Internet. I grew up without the Internet; I remember my parents and grandparents paying bills by writing a check and placing it in the mail. In order to pay the mortgage on time they had to put it in the mail a week or two before it was due.

When I pay the mortgage, I go online to the website of the bank that holds the mortgage and set up the payment to come out of the checking account on a specific day. I do the same with most of our monthly bills, which helps because I do not have to drive all over town or go to the post office to mail the checks.

I am thankful for the Internet because it keeps me connected and helps when I pay bills because I do not have to use gas to drive all over town. If it were not for the Internet, I would spend most of my weekdays driving all over Las Vegas. In addition, I can increase our household income by working online.

My mother has Alzheimer’s disease and I am her caregiver. As my mother’s caregiver I do not work outside the home, if it were not for the Internet I would not be able to work or to interact with others.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9