Sunday, February 12, 2012

A conversation with my mother

I miss the conversations my mother and I used to have before the doctored diagnosed Mom with Alzheimer’s disease. Mom and I still talk, but the conversations are “odd”. I know there must be another word, but I cannot think of it at this moment. Today, as we sit on the couch Mom and I talked; we talked about who was going to pick her up and where she was going.

I still have no idea where Mom wanted to go or who was going to pick her up. I know Mom is or was waiting for a woman to pick her up and take her to a “station”. I am guessing Mom believed she was going shopping with someone and just could not think of the word “store”. This happens with Alzheimer’s suffers, it is upsetting and I want to cry. The problem is that I cannot cry in front of Mom because she would not understand.

Mom could not understand why the woman was not here yet. She wanted to call her, but could not think of the woman’s name or phone number. I offered to take Mom anywhere she wanted, but she still could not remember where she was going. I finally convinced Mom to lay down on the couch and take a nap. By the time she wakes up she will have forgotten all about wanting to go some place or anyone coming to pick her up.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9