Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Green thread holds my glasses together

I know this is a good title for a poem “Green thread holds my glasses together”. Yesterday, a lens fell out of my glasses and I could not find the screw. I did find a spool of green thread and a needle. The eye of the needle was large enough for me to see to thread it with only one lens in my glasses and the needle itself was small enough to go through the screw hold in the glasses.

The repair was good enough for the lens to stay in while I picked up Mom’s hearing aids. This morning I had to repair the glasses again because the lens fell out. I sewed the glasses together again, this repair should last long enough for me to get to the store and buy an eyeglass repair kit.

Green thread holds my glasses together,
Keeps the lens so that I can drive safely,

I am not sure where this poem is going, but those two lines should give my subconscious mind something to work with while I do other things. When writing a poem, the most important thing is to keep the subconscious mind working on it.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9