Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The house is silent

My mother, who is 90 years old, is in the hospital. The house is silent, when I look at the couch Mom is not setting there. When Mom is home, the television is on all the time, but I do not turn it on when I am alone and working at the computer.

This morning I went to visit Mom. She was upset because she has an IV in her arm and she wanted it removed. We cannot remove the IV because the doctor wants to rehydrate Mom. Mom does not want to drink water; it is difficult to get her to drink any water with her meds or any other time. When she comes home, I am going to give her flavored water to see if she likes that better. I have also arranged for her to spend some time at an adult daycare center; that should help.

The house is silent. When Mom is home, she is always talking, crying or laughing. Mom does laugh sometimes, not often enough though. I miss Mom. I miss her asking for a peanut butter sandwich. I miss her asking for a cup of coffee, I wish she asked for water the way she ask for coffee.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9