Sunday, April 24, 2011

Writing Types on Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011

It is Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011, and I am sitting in front of my computer contemplating writing types. I did a search for writing types and came across an interesting resource for essays. The resource I discovered is Types of Writing, which discusses Traits of Effective Writing and Types of Writing. Under Types of Writing it list kinds of essays.

There are seven kinds of essays listed under Types of Writing. The essays listed are cause and effect, comparison and contrast, definition, description, narration, persuasive, and process analysis. It has been several years since I wrote an essay of any kind, so I could attempt any one of those essay types.

The celebration of Easter Sunday would make a good subject for a narrative essay. Since I no longer celebrate Easter, I would write about the way my family celebrated this holy day when I way a child. I have fond memories of the Easter and the way my family celebrated in Blackwell, Oklahoma. Then we attended Easter Sunday church services with my grandparents. Today, the only thing I do to commemorate Easter is to eat a chocolate Easter bunny with a cup of coffee. I could also write a comparison and contrast essay about the celebration of Easter.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9