Saturday, April 23, 2011

It’s Saturday and I’m so stressed I could....

It’s Saturday and I’m so stressed I could bite the head off a pit viper and survive. That is a good metaphor, because it is fresh and expresses the way I feel. Metaphors are good writing tools, but they have to be fresh. They have to be interesting and they have to express the feeling.

Stress is also a good writing tool, but only if you can use it in a poem, story, or article. Stress without an appropriate outlet is dangerous. Stress can cause all sorts of physical and health problems for a person if it has no place to go. Writing is a good outlet for stress.

As a writer, I can use the stress I feel as the subject of a poem, story, article, or blog entry. I find that the problem, when writing about stress, it to find a good metaphor to express the feeling. In a private journal entry, it does not matter if the metaphor is lousy, because I am the only one reading it and I can always rewrite the if I want to post the entry to my blog or use it in a story. A metaphor used in a published work should not be overused rather it should be fresh.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9