Sunday, May 23, 2010

Remembering my High school days

A few months ago, I joined Facebook and found a few of the people that graduated from Shawnee Oklahoma high school in 1966. Yesterday I joined the alumni and posted a short bio of myself. I have to get back and write a longer piece. However, last night my hyperacidity acted up and I was unable to set at the computer.

I know it was something I ate that caused the problem, probably the orange. I don't remember having hyperacidity in high school. I could eat anything without worrying about the way it affected me. I am also beginning to remember my high school days fondly, there was a time when I didn't think about high school or avoided thinking about that part of my life.

Now that I am 63 and dealing with some physical and health problems, I remember the days when I didn't have to think about these things. In high school, I could walk home, which was several miles from Shawnee High School, without any problems. Now I'm happy to be able to walk one block without encounter physical issues. I think that is why I remember my high school days so fondly and I would like to be able to walk several miles without knee pain again.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9