Friday, May 14, 2010

The Oleanders are beautiful this year

The white and the red oleanders are especially beautiful this year. Yesterday morning I noticed the white oleanders seemed to glisten in the morning light. This morning, the red oleanders were bright scarlet in the light of dawn. I have not noticed pink oleanders this year, but not all the oleander bushes in my yard are blooming.

Oleander blooms
Scarlet and white weeds blossom
My backyard fence line

Oleanders prove that weeds are just a beautiful are non-weeds. Of course, I may be one of the few people in the world that thinks oleanders are weeds. However, just because I think they are weeds does not mean they are not beautiful.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

    nice haiku!

    2:48 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9