Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Cool Autumn Day

Another cool day
in Las Vegas wondering
if the clouds bring rain.

The temperature in the house hasn't been over 76 degrees. I don't know what the outdoor temperature. It really doesn't matter because the six items I hung on the line dried. It took them all day to dry, but the did dry. They felt cold when I brought them into the house.

Drying cloths in fall
the air sucks out the moisture
slowly over time.

I remember my grandmother hanging cloths out in Blackwell. She hung cloths on the line in the spring, summer, winter and fall. I think my grandmother had more patience then I do, because she never seemed to worry about how long it took the cloths to dry in autumn and winter.

I hung out six small pieces of clothing today. It took all day for them to dry. I'm not looking forward to hanging out cloths this winder. The short days make it harder to dry cloths on the line. Maybe I'll just start going to the laundromat this winter.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9