Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Prayer Box

15 Kalimat 163 B.E. – July 27, 2006 A.D.

My prayer box isn’t really a box, rather it is bank with a cork in the top and you remove the cork to put in the dollar bills. It is round and looks like a little earthenware jug. On the side, are the words, “My Harley fund”. It sets on a bookcase in my bedroom with other Harley-Davidson collectables. It was a birthday gift from my brother several years ago.

Instead of putting money in, I put in the names of people on my prayer list. I write a name on a piece of paper and beside the name the number of the page in my prayer book of the prayer, I’m saying for that person. Then at each prayer session, I draw a name and say the prayer for the person. If the person is ill, I say a prayer of healing, if the person has died, I say a prayer for the dead, if the person is having problems; I say a prayer of assistance, etc. After I say the prayer, I fold the paper up and put it back into the “prayer box”. I leave their prayer in the prayer box for, at least, nineteen day. I’m thinking of moving the prayer box to my bedside, that way it is easier for me to get.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Neva,I love this idea. I'm going to start a prayer box today. I have a friend who is going into surgery tomorrow so her name will be the first to go in. Blessing to you especially for such a neat idea.

    10:51 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9