Sunday, July 02, 2006

Upcoming Holy Day

9 Rahmat 163 B.E. – July 2, 2006 A.D.

On July 9, 2006 at noon, Baha’is around the world will commemorate the Martyrdom of the Bab. This is one of the nine Holy Days Baha’is commemorate during the year. At noon on the Ninth prayers will be said and the story of the Bab’s death will be told. I will write a poem about this event, but I’m not sure what form the poem will take. One of the poems I wrote about the Bab is set to music and I have a copy of the music in a framed picture.

Some items I want to include in the poem.
The Bab
The Gate of God
Forerunner of God’s Glory
What else do I want to include? Perhaps, this year I’ll take a different route in writing, I’ve included the above aspects in earlier poems about the Bab. Maybe I’ll write about the events around His death. Maybe from the point of view of one of the members of the firing squads or perhaps the disciple who died with the Blessed Bab that day? I seem to be in a rut lately when it comes to writing mystic poems. I think I need to take a different angle when writing this poem.

I’m just not sure how to approach the poem this year. Usually I don’t have a problem writing about a Holy Day, the events that commemorate it, or the events that engendered the remembrance of the day. This year, however, I get the feeling that I need to write from a different point of view then in the past. I get the feeling I need to stretch myself and get out of my comfort zone. I think I’ll do more research this year than I’ve did in the past.

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9