Sunday, March 05, 2006

What Inspires Me

What inspires me to write spiritual and mystic poetry? The answer is of course God, the Divine Essence, the Creator of the Universe. The next question is How does God inspire me? This is a little more difficult to explain because God inspires me through several different methods or media. For example I am inspired by a holy day celebration, I am inspired by a funeral service or a memorial service, I am inspired by a verse from the sacred scriptures, I am inspired by the sun shining through the clouds at dawn, noon, sunset or anytime in between, or I am inspired by the moon in any of its phases.

This is the month of Ala (Loftiness) and during this nineteen day period Baha’i Fast between sunup and sundown. This an inspiring month, I have written sever poems about the Fast. This year I have a Meditation Journal For the Fast with several quotes from the sacred scriptures to use for meditation, under each scripture are several lines to write my thoughts about the quote. At the end of the period of Fast, I am going to combine my thoughts into one or more poems about the Fast.
(4 Ala 162 B.E.)
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Neva - I am also a bahai and live in Birmingham England. For some reason the fast this year has been a particular challenge. Having read your blog i realise that i have not concentrated enough on contemplating the spiritual meaning of feast or meditated enough on the sacred texts. Thank you. I also write and may well follow your example of using a Meditation journal. Again thank you and a happy Naw Ruz.

    5:43 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9