Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Forgot

I Forgot January 14, 2006

I forgot to take the time to watch the sunset.
I forgot to say thank you for the day of my conception.
I forgot to say a prayer of protection, when I left the house.
I forgot to laugh at myself.
I forgot to meditate on the joy of living.
I forgot I am not supposed to berate myself.
I forgot to stop the mental recording of belittling comments about myself.
I forgot that the deepness of the darkness indicates the brightness of the light.
I forgot to revel in the things I have, rather the crying for what I do not have.

NOTE: Creating spiritual poetry is more then just reading the sacred scriptures and meditating, it is a combination of daily tasks that go into the creation of the poem. While there are certain things that a person must forget, there are other things that can not or should not be forgotten.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9