Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Dreams

NOTE: This poem was inspired by a prompt from the yahoo group Daily Power Words: Reflect on dreams of the past you may have lost sight of. How can you reestablish this part of your being? What would you really like to accomplish in this life? What are your unique talents and attributes you have to offer? Work on keeping your dreams alive.

My Dreams

Beloved,

My dreams are strewn along life’s highway
cast to the shoulder when the going became too steep
for the load I carried.

I cast them aside
for lesser more urgent matters
because called my attention
away from You.

I have wondered beneath
dark clouds
tear streaked face,
lost without You.

I used to envision worlds
where Your love bloomed
along rivers,
on plain,
in tall mountains.

I trudged along life’s way
looking for what could not be recovered,
then I saw You standing at the crest,
at the point of no return
calling to me,
beckoning me,
encouraging me
on.

Glory of God,
Beloved,
Pen of the Most High,
without Your presence
my dreams would never have returned,
I would still be wondering
aimless and disinclined
to face each day‘s tests.
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9