Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Too Many Clothes

As I was cleaning out the closet in my former bedroom, I had an epiphany. I realized that contrary to popular opinion, a woman could have too many clothes and that I had too many clothes. Some of those outfits I have not worn in five or six years and I suspect some of them I have never worn.

On Monday, I cleaned out my mother’s closet and then begin cleaning out mine. I finished cleaning my closet today, but I still have the closet in the spare room to clean out. When Mom and I moved into this house, sometime in the last century, I thought a three-bedroom house for two people was a good idea. I was wrong!

The reason I was wrong concerns the third bedroom and its closet. Mom and I filled the closets in both are bedrooms with clothes and then proceeded to fill the closet in the third bedroom. Right now, I have four large trash bags of clothes sitting in my entrance hall waiting for me to put them on the front porch Wednesday night so a truck from Big Brothers and Big Sisters can pick them up. I still have another closet to clean out, but I do not have enough room in my entrance hall for another bag of clothes.

Oh well, I suppose I could use this experience in my upcoming NaNoWriMo novel. Yes, despite the fact that I the sale of the house closes on October 30, I am planning to participate in the NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge on writing.com in October and in National Novel Writing Month in November. At least, I cannot complain about boredom and I have a good reason for not getting enough sleep.


Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9