Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Midweek Reflections on the Scent of Smoke

the scent of smoke hangs
in this morning’s humid air
the forest still burn

The mountain is still burning. When I went out to pick up the paper this morning, I could smell the smoke in the valley. Now, I think I can smell aroma of burning trees, in the house. I do not know if that is my imagination or not.

the scent of wood smoke
irritates my nose and eyes
my throat becomes sore

The wind today is variegated; at least I think I want that word. Perhaps the proper word is variable. Sometimes the wind blows for several minutes in one direction and then changes direction or stops blowing completely. I can tell which way the wind is blowing by looking at the America flag flying in my neighbor’s front yard.

the scent of wood smoke
hanging heavy in the air
the mountain still burns

I was not planning to go to the store or anywhere else today. I am planning to take trash and recyclables to the garages. Going outside will irritate my sinuousness’s even more, but it cannot be helped. I have to do what I have to do.

the scent of smoke haunts
the mountains and the city
the wildfire still burns

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9