Sunday, July 07, 2013

Writing During a Thunderstorm in Las Vegas

It is Sunday, July 7, and I am writing during a thunderstorm. I can hear the thunder grumbling. I can look out my window and watch oak tree limbs waving in the wind. I can see birds flying from tree to tree, but I cannot see any lightning or raindrops.

It is not raining yet. The clouds look like rain clouds. The thunder sounds like rain thunder, if that type of thunder sounds different from any other type of thunder. I do not see any lightning, but lightning is so quick unless I am looking in the right direction I could not see it. All the thunder appears to be doing now is threatening. I have turned off the computers I am sitting on the couch in the living room composing this entry.

It is raining! I got up to turn off the computer I have put into hibernation earlier today (I forgot I put into hibernation instead of turning it off). Since I had put it into hibernation, the computer turned itself back on for some reason. Since it was thundering, which comes with lightning, I had to get up off the couch and turn it off.

After I turned the computer off, I looked out my window, saw a puddle of water in my driveway, and raindrops falling into the puddle. I do not know when the rain will stop, but as soon as it does, I will post this entry.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9