Tuesday, July 02, 2013

I learn by doing

I learn by doing what I have to do (sorry Mr. Roethke). This morning I learned that my cell phone did not go dead, but lost power. This is how it happened, yesterday afternoon I went to sleep with the cell my left hand. When I woke up, the cell phone was dark and for some reason I could not get it to turn on.

I presumed the phone was dead, so I attempted to call customer service and recorded voice informed me that it would be a three-hour wait and apologized for the inconvenience. I have enough patience to wait an hour on hold, but not three hours. I sent an e-mail to the company last night. This morning I attempted to contact customer service and the same voice again apologized for the inconvenience.

I opened the phone and again attempted to turn it on. This time the phone came on with the information that I needed to recharge the battery. I am recharging the battery at this moment. What I cannot figure out is how the battery lost power while I slept. I checked it before I sit down on the couch and there was enough power for two or three phone calls. I did not sleep very long; I am sure I slept only an hour or two.

The entire incident seems a bit weird to me. I suppose it is possible that the battery may be going, but I have owned the phone less then a year. From now on, I will make sure the phone is on the coffee table instead of my hand when I sit down on the couch. That way I will not go to sleep with it in my hand.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9