Friday, July 06, 2012

Technical difficulties and writing goals


A stressful morning went into the afternoon. This was “Technical Difficulties Friday” so it is a good thing today is not Friday the Thirteenth. Next Friday it July 13 and hopefully I will have fewer technical problems then today.

The main issue today was nonresponsive plug-ins, specifically Shockwave Flash, which gave me the most difficulty this morning. There were other issues as well, mostly nonresponsive websites and programs. I know that part of the issue is “Virtual Memory”, but that, like the Shockwave Flash plug-in, is not the only issue.

I have to reboot several times this morning and this afternoon. The programs just seemed to freeze up for no particular reason. I do not think it is a virus or spyware issue because I do a scan everyday and most of the time nothing shows up. The problem is that the technical difficulties interfered with writing and that interfered with accomplishing my writing goals.

Fortunately, I can stay up a bit later to night then normal. Tomorrow is Saturday and Mom will be at home all day. Since Mom is here all day, I will not leave the house, which means I can stay up and write tonight. As long as I am up by 5:30 AM everything should work out. I have to make sure I get the trash to the curb by 6:00 AM.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9