Saturday, June 11, 2011

Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19

The third Sunday in June is Father’s Day. This year the holiday falls on June 19. This gives me some time to find a picture of my father to accompany a post and a Father’s Day poem. I have written several poems on this subject, but this year I want to write a new poem. My father is no longer living; he died several years ago.

I have many memories of my father. All of these memories are from my childhood in Blackwell, Oklahoma. My parents divorced when I was a child, so the memories I have are scattered and sometimes faded. I still miss my father; I will always miss him because I did not get to say good-bye. Missing Dad has nothing to do with saying good-bye, but I think it would have brought closure.

I have several pictures of my father. I am not sure which I want to include with the Father’s Day post. This post I have to consider carefully because I want to include some of the memories, even though they are faded. Faded memories sounds like a good title for a poem.

Maybe I will write a Father’s Day poem about my grandfather. Grandpa Newland, my mother’s father, was a father figure to me. I miss Grandpa, as well; I did get to say good-bye to Grandpa before he died.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9