Monday, May 23, 2011

A New Phase in my Life begins this week

On Wednesday, my Mother begins attending adult daycare. A new phase of my life begins. I will have some free time five days a week. For now, she will be going at 9:30 AM and coming home at 4:00 PM. If she takes those hours well, I may see if I can get her up there at 7:30 AM, but at this time, that is too early to get her up and dressed.

I am not sure how Mom is going to take the daycare center. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and she gets upset when she has to leave the house. However, it is good for her to get out of the house. The daycare center has activities in which she can participate. There are other people for her to interact with; she will like it once she gets into the routine of attending each day.

I realize Mom will be upset with me for the first few days. Mom used to enjoy leaving the house everyday, but for the past few months, she has gotten into the routine of staying home. When she does get out of the house, she does not want to go into any stores. At the daycare, there are people and activities; the caregivers are experienced in getting her to interact with others.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9