Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas is next Saturday

One week until Christmas, I have not watched a Christmas special. I have not watched a Christmas show of any type. I have not listened to Christmas music on the radio. I have sat on the couch; I have looked at the house across the street, which the people living there decorated for Christmas. When I drive after dark, I have noticed the houses decorated for Christmas and pointed them out to my mother.

I have written one Christmas poem this year. I may or may not write another, it depends on the inspiration. I wrote the Christmas poem in before Saturday, December 4. After December 5, things got a bit hectic boarding on chaotic. This week the chaos subsided a little, next week I have other writing projects to complete. Since I do not celebrate Christmas, writing a poem on the subject is not urgent.

Becoming caught up with work around the house, writing projects, or work online is much more urgent then writing a Christmas poem. The only Christmas thing I can think to write is a letter to Santa Clause. I remember writing letters to Santa as a child, it was fun and I could list the things I wanted for Christmas.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9