Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Christmas Eve Birthday

I was born on December 24, 1946 about 11 minutes before midnight. I missed being a Christmas baby by 11 minutes I am not disappointed. When I was growing up, I wanted my birthday to be any day except Christmas Eve. I have changed my mind; I now enjoy being a Christmas Eve baby. I enjoy being my mother’s Christmas present (never mind that technically I am her Christmas Eve present.

My perception of my birthday changed when I sixty years old. Age and maturity had a great deal to do with this change of perception. Every birthday has become precious and a new chapter in the adventure of my life. This year, I decided to go out to eat on Christmas Eve, now this may not sound like an important decision, but it is.

I do not like to drive on Christmas Eve. I do not like to shop on Christmas Eve. The reason for this is that people are doing their last minute Christmas shopping and every mall in Las Vegas is packed. Traffic is terrible and most people are in a “Bah Hum Bug” mood, with drivers honking because the car ahead is obeying the speed limit. I am going to ignore the chaos and the bad moods; I am going to a nice restaurant and enjoy myself.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9