Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cyberchondria a new illness

I was watching the news this morning and learned about a new illness. Cyberchondria occurs when a person looks up a symptom on a search engine and discovers several diseases that he or she could be suffering. Therefore, the person goes to the doctor. A person suffering from cyberchondria is a cyberchondric.

Now all I have to do is figure out how I can use this "new disease" in a story. I probably should also be careful about looking up my symptoms on search engines. Actually, I've never looked up any of my symptoms on a search engine. True I've discussed my symptoms with my friends and with my physician, but I've never looked them up on a search engine.

Cyberchondria
in the twenty-first century
cyberspace illness.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9