Monday, August 03, 2009

Write about a bedroom

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for Monday August 3, 2009: “Write about a bedroom.”

What can I write about a bedroom? It's a room with a bed, a dresser, a chest of drawers, two night stands (usually), a closet (usually with the doors closed) and a window. My bedroom has only one nightstand and no dresser, but I do have a chest of drawers.

I need new bedroom furniture. I haven't had new furniture in my bedroom for over ten years. The mattress is relatively new, but it's about four or five years old. My chest of drawers is missing a drawer and the closet doors are open. I also need new curtains for the window.

A person's bedroom is supposed to say something about them. My bedroom says I don't use it for anything except sleeping. That is when I sleep. Normally I just lay in bed and listen to the neighborhood noises. I listen to the Metro helicopter flying over or the neighbors' dogs barking. It's intriguing that when the neighbors' dogs bark Metro's helicopter flies over.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9