Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Last Good Book

What was the last good book I read? First, let us define “good book”. What is it I mean by “good book”, when my grandmother spoke of “the good book” she meant the Bible. However, I am not a Christian, so when I refer to “the good book” I am not necessarily speaking of the Holy Bible. I could be talking about the Book of Certitude, the Holy Qur’an, the Avesta or any one of the sacred books of humanity.

Besides referring to a sacred book, good book could refer to an exciting novel, a book of poetry, a collection of short stories, a self-help book, or intriguing essays. When it comes to poetry, I enjoy reading a variety of style, forms and subjects. My favorite type of poetry is mystic poetry; I have read many interesting spiritual poems by numerous authors and mystics. On the other hand, my favorite type of novels and stories are science fiction and fantasy. This brings me to essays, I do not have a favorite type of essay, I do not have a favorite type of essay. The essays I enjoy reading cover a multitude of subjects from science to self-help and mysticism.

So what was the last good book I read? I have not read the “last good book” there are high-quality books being published all the time. My personal definition of “good book” would be one that inspired, gave me something to think about and fed my muse.

(3 Jalal 162 B.E.)

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9