Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Midweek reflections: When is the best time to write?


When is the best time to write? This is a decision all writers have to make or no writing is accomplished. I have found that this is an on going dilemma. This issue comes up almost every day, week, month, or year. The best time to write changes with the events and responsibilities in a writer’s life.

At one time, I found morning writing best. I could get up, get ready for my day, and then begin to write. That changed, so I had to change my writing time. I changed from morning to afternoon writing and then from afternoon to evening. I am facing this dilemma again. Only now the decision is not as easy or straight forward as it once was.

I have no set schedule. The only event in my life that I can put a schedule on is my mother’s departure to the daycare center in the morning and her return in the afternoon. The bus picks Mom up between 8:00 and 8:30 AM and brings her home between 3:00 and 3:30 PM give or take thirty minutes in either case.

The rest of the time, my schedule is usually up in the air. Part of the problem is my virus detection program. I do not like to work on the computer when the program is running. It takes this program between forty-five minutes to six hours to complete its check of my computer. Then there is housekeeping, grocery shopping and doctor’s appointments. As a results of all this, I have to fit my writing time in between the other responsibilities.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9