Thursday, December 02, 2010

I want blinds for my living room window

I used to think I wanted curtains for my living room window, but I have decided that blinds would look better and work better. My computer is next to my window, so about 3:00 PM in winter the sun shines directly into my eyes. This is distracting, especially when I am working on a short story or poem. This situation is so distracting that sometimes I have to stop writing until the sun is lower in the western sky. If I had blinds at the window I could write without the sun shining in my eyes.

My grandmother always had venetian blinds at her windows. I remember everyday she would dust her blinds. She would start in the living room and go through each room until she had all the blinds dusted. I do not want venetian blinds nor do I want vertical blinds. I think both types look nice; however, I want something that is a little more sophisticated.

I want roman blinds because they have a festive and sophisticated appearance. If I put roman-blinds at the window, I can choose a fabric that enhances the appearance of my living room. I can choose a fabric with a pattern or without a pattern. I think roman-blinds are functional and beautiful.

Labels:

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9