Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I have to start saying No

I wasted an hour this morning because I did not say "No!" I know the reason, someone asked to pick someone else up at a city bus stop and take that person across town. Before I could think, I said "Yes." I said yes because I did not think, I did not consider the bus schedule (the buses on that route run every fifteen or twenty minutes) so the person waiting would not have to wait more then twenty minutes for the bus.

I do most of my work at home and online, so people think I have time to stop in the middle of whatever I am doing. I have no more free time then someone who works outside the home for eight hours. Actually, I may have less because, even with DSL, it takes a few minutes to get online and access a website or survey. I am blaming no one except myself for wasting time because I did not stop and think before answering.

On Tuesday, I did not work online at all, but that was because I worked for the election department during Primary Elections. Even though I spent all day working the Polls, the election department compensated for my time. This morning was completely different because it was a waste of both gas and time. I did learn something; at least I hope I learned something about saying "No!" I suppose that if I learned something it was not a waste of time, I will have to wait and see if I learned to stop and think before saying "Yes" or "No."

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9