Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Calendars for a New Year

We have five new calendars for 2010, so there won't be any excuse for not knowing what day it is. I hung the calendar with the large print in my mother's bedroom. The appointment calendar will go by the telephone. One calendar will hang above my desk, one by the entrance to the living room, but I'm not sure where to hang the last calendar, perhaps in the kitchen or the dining room.

I didn't buy any of the calendars because they were sent to us by business. All of them have beautiful pictures on them, it's almost a shame to throw them away at the end of the year. However, that's how it goes, unless one collects calendars and I don't collect calendars. I suppose a person could glue the pictures to a piece of card board and make a puzzle out of them.

At the end of the year, most people just throw away calendars with beautiful pictures and art work on them. I wonder if that says something about our civilization, about our society. That is an interesting thought, perhaps it could be incorporated in a story or poem.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9