Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I made stew today

I made stew today. I used a pork roast cut into chunks, sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, and garlic. The veggies were in the refrigerator and I had to use them up before Friday, so I made stew. We didn't eat it all, so I'll warm it up for tomorrow.

Winter is stew weather. The warmth of the stew helps warm you up and the meat gives you energy to withstand the cold. I like making stew and this is the first time I've used a pork roast for the stew meant.

Stew with a little beef or pork roast is easy to make. Just cut the roast into chunks, put it in the slow cooker with garlic, onion, and enough water to cover the meat. After the meat is cooked then add the veggies. I like using a roast better then stew meat because the roast is tender and cooks up better then stew meat.

This is stew weather
meat, sweet potatoes, veggies
Grandma remembered.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9