Sunday, May 26, 2013

Writing on the Last Sunday in May 2013

It is the last Sunday in May 2013 and I have set my egg or oven timer to fifteen minutes. When the timer alarm sounds I have to finish this entry and post it. I have to limit my writing time to fifteen minute intervals because if I write any longer I have difficulty getting out of the chair.

If I sit down for more then fifteen or twenty minutes at a time the osteoarthritis in my knees gives me pain. The same is true if I stand up for more then fifteen or twenty minutes. This makes doing some jobs around the house difficult, but I am learning to deal with it. I have pain medication, but the medication has side effects that I prefer to avoid so I only take the tablets when it is necessary.

There is an advantage to changing positions and tasks every fifteen minutes. The advantage is I get more exercise. My doctor said I need to get more exercise and lose weight; all though, I am not sure that this is what she meant. I have some minerals that help a litter and I have to purchase more of those next week when my Social Security check hits my bank account. In the mean time, I will handle the situation as best I can.

There is also an advantage to limiting my writing sessions to fifteen minutes at a time. That advantage concerns the writing short stories and flash fiction. Getting away form the project after fifteen minutes helps me focus on the writing and consider what actions the characters take next.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9