Monday, September 28, 2009

I have a working title

The NaNoWriMo Preparation Challenge, on writing.com, begins October 1, which is only two days away. I entered the challenge, but I didn't have a working title or any idea about the novel's genre or characters. I now have a working title.
I don't like to start a poem, story, or essay without a working title. I don't know if I'm the only writer with that particular superstition; I don't know if it really is a superstition. I find that a working title helps me focus on the writing. Sometimes I keep working title and sometimes I pick a different title. I just don't like to start writing without a working title.
I'm not going to mention the working title in this post. The contest or challenge doesn't begin until October 1, there is a possibility I may change the working title between now and then. I doubt if I change my mind about the working title because nothing else appeals to me, but you never know.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 1 Comments

  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Frank said...

    Neva,
    You are doing Nano?

    I will be doing it too.

    We will be there (Vegas) Friday.

    Do you know that.

    Frank

    9:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9